COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Generic Specialties, Inc., based in Orlando, FL, is a rapidly growing specialty
pharmaceutical company focused on the development, acquisition, licensing, sale and marketing of both generic and legacy branded pharmaceuticals for the global prescription drug market.
TITLE: VP, Logistics and Supply Chain
JOB DESCRIPTION: The VP, Logistics and Supply Chain (“Vice President”), will provide support and oversight for managing movement, tracking, warehousing and shipping of finished goods. The VP will report directly to the Director, Commercial Operations and shall be located at the Company’s Orlando, FL headquarters.
Key responsibilities shall include:
- Responsible for managing movement, tracking, warehousing and shipping of finished goods. Ensure allSupply Chain processes are efficient and maintain cost performance measures.
- Develop departmental standards that support lean principles and lead / implement processes. Lead crossfunctional projects that will enhance the supply chain logistics operations. Manage direct and indirect staff.
- Develops / implements strategies that will increase the efficiency of goods movement and warehousing as well as reduce damage to product during loading and transit.
- Determine logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate Customer from the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to KPI’s, program updates and on-going program information.
- Forecasts and recommends logistics budget for approval, including third party logistics, warehouse and freight spend. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Responsible for the strategic and operational planning of logistics operations.
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations.
- Track, analyze and communicate key performance metrics.
- Responsible for all logistics operations and support across all distribution channels.
- Drives the design, development, implementation and management of logistics solutions.
- Lead projects to develop a best-in-class commercial distribution model.
- Manage and interact with suppliers of logistics, packaging, warehousing, and distribution as well as with internal Supply Chain to ensure that all relevant requirements of delivery, cost and quality are met.
- Oversee and manage the outsourced global logistics supplier network to ensure the timely, cost-effective and compliant shipment of commercial and development products.
- BS degree is required. MBA is a plus.
- 5 + years of manufacturing production/operations, supply chain logistics, warehouse managementexperience required.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Functional ability using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access.
- Highly skilled project management and collaborative alignment capabilities. Ability to draw insights from data and develop collaborative solutions to supply chain challenges.
- Strong knowledge of GMP and experience working with Quality, Regulatory, and Technical Operations is necessary.