COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Generic Specialties, Inc. (the “Company”), based in Orlando, FL, is a rapidly
growing specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development, acquisition, licensing, sale and marketing of both generic and legacy branded pharmaceuticals for the global prescription drug market.
TITLE: VP, Business Development & Licensing
JOB DESCRIPTION: The VP, Business Development & Licensing (“Vice President”) will represent the Company and provide support and oversight for all third party business development and licensing activities for the Company’s generic pharmaceutical pipeline across all dosage forms. The Director will report directly to the CEO and shall be located at the Company’s Orlando, FL headquarters.
Key responsibilities shall include:
- Represent the Company in identifying, negotiating, securing and managing third party development and supply activities to support the short and long-term growth of the organization.
- Screen and identify new opportunities that fit long and short term growth strategy/coordinate competitive intelligence initiatives.
- To identify and evaluate new potential licensing or development opportunities.
- To build, analyze and present financial models in support of new product initiatives.
- To identify, screen and review portfolio of key generic companies.
- To support screening and evaluating generic and 505(b)(2) opportunities and negotiating product inlicense or acquisition.
- To provide support in reviewing products under PIV challenge to identify potential candidates for
- authorized generics.
- To provide support in valuating and negotiating access to new opportunities.
- To provide support in performing portfolio or asset valuation for in-licensing or acquisition opportunities.
- To provide support in preparing business review presentations.
- To manage post contract activities and ad hoc requirements.
- To provide support in following up with post contract execution, day to day requests and communications.
- To manage successful transition to project managers (when applicable). To provide support in building business presentations for internal or external audience.
- MBA with scientific background highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with at least 3 of those years being in a deal-driven business development role.
- Generic pharma experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills: telephone, written, and person-to-person relationship building skills are a must; must be able to command a meeting with executives at partner prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to build sales messages, generate and close deals.